Friday, November 13, 2009

Inspiration: Part 2

I´m sitting at an Internet Point outside of security at the Munich airport and since I have six more hours before departing for Pisa, I thought I could at least add another bit of inspiration to the blog. I´ve got a lot of catching up to do and no internet time in which to do it, plus visitors arriving tomorrow! But catch up I will...

In the meantime, please enjoy this clip of some of the women of Gee´s Bend, Alabama speaking about their lives and their quilting process. I want to write more about these women (I visited them with my father and Lloyd back in 2007), but for now I give you the clip and encourage you to view others on Youtube as well. These women were a significant inspiration for QUILTED and you´ll see why much faster just watching them than reading anything I write about them.

WOMEN OF GEE´S BEND, ALABAMA

(The above is a link...click on it!)

1 comment: